Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My Review of Star Wars - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

So, I saw this movie last Thursday night. I had my tickets 3 days early, I stood in line with all the hardcore fans for an a hour before the show, I smiled bemused at all the kids and adults who were dressed up like Leah or Darth Vader and at all the guys who were weilding light sabers. It was very exciting and there's nothing quite like hearing John Williams famous score pounding through the loud speakers announcing the beginning of a brand new episode. Unfortunately, this will be the last time we get to experience that for the first time. So here are my 2 cents on the final episode of the most famous movie saga of all time:

I thought it was really, really good, but not great.

Special effects: awesome!

Light saber battles: kick ass!

Anakin's descent into darkness: unconvincing and rushed.

Titanic in space? Not! The emotions in this movie felt very plastic and sterile. I blame it mostly on the script because most of the actors, as we know, are all top notch.

Cheesy Star Wars dialogue: loads of it! (It's part of the fun)

Favorite part: Mace Windu coming to kick Sen. Palpatine's ass! Oh yeah, and then at the end Yoda coming to kick Sen. Palpatine's ass!

What was missing: Humor. Nothing funny here. All fights, special effects and darkness. Also missing, cheeseball romance. Anakin and Padme - absolutely no chemistry, no passion, not even cheeseball passion, it was all very forced and very fake, unfortunately to the detriment of the movie.

Better than the first 2 prequels? Yep!

Will I see it again? Many many times. But probably not nearly as many times as I've watched the Harry Potter movies!

"I'm waiting 4 the night 2 fall." - Depeche Mode, Waiting For the Night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home